Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years!


I know a lot of us are trying to shed some pounds this time of year so I just thought I would share some of these recipes with you that I came up with. Just two light versions of two of my favorite things Quesadillas and Ranch Dressing! Surprisingly Derrick LOVED both! (I don't really measure things, Sorry)


Turkey or Chicken BBQ Quesadillas 6+servings

2-3 cups cooked and chopped chicken or Turkey (I used our Christmas Turkey Leftovers)
1 chopped bell pepper ( I had an orange pepper in the fridge)
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar, you could cut even more calories using a reduced-fat cheese)
Handful of cilantro chopped
Handful of White Mushrooms sliced
3 sprigs of Green Onions sliced green and white parts
3/4 cup(ish) of your favorite BBQ sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
6+ large whole wheat tortillas

Mix ingredients minus tortillas and spread onto half of a tortilla, finish cooking however you cook quesadillas, (Skillet, Microwave, George Foreman or Panini Press) Feel free to serve with Fat-free sour cream.

Low Cal Ranch Dressing makes 3 cups of dressing
(about 35 cal. for 2 tbsps.)


3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
3/4 low-fat mayo
1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk ( I just made this by mixing skim milk with a tbsp of lemon juice let it sit 10 mins)
3 tbsp of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix

I just put all of the ingredients in a air-tight storage container and shook it together. Let stand at least
30 mins before serving

Cilantro Ranch Variation:
Make above recipe but add it into a blender with a handful of Cilantro, some Green Onions, and Jalepeno.

We will be eating the above dressing with a platter of veggies tonight for New Years, and the Cilantro Ranch Version later on in the week with some grilled Tilapia on a bed of greens.

I hope you try these out and give me some feedback!

1 comment: