Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bachelor Week

I'll let Traci recap her and the kid's adventures in Texas this week when they get back on November 1st.  As for me and my week of bachelorhood?  I know what you're thinking..crazy parties, movies every night, junk food, no showers, no shaving???  The life, right???  Well, here's how to best sum up my week:

[insert quiet, blank stare here]

Pretty blank, huh?  I had some fun watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes the night they left, but other than that, it has been pretty BORING.

I have, however, just completed half of the jcp training program!  As part of the midterm mark, this week I had to give a presentation on the work flow of the Retail Logistics Center.  Click here to see the Prezi presentation I made!  It might not make much sense/flow well without me explaining it, but you can at least see how I tried to make this presentation interesting--keep in mind that every trainee has to give, basically, the exact same presentation, so it's one that the core senior management I presented to has seen multiple times.  Overall, I think I did pretty good--they liked the Prezi, and had zero questions afterwards, saying that I had been very thorough.  That's good, right?

In other news, we had more work done on the Neon this week.  It's really frustrating to know that I am paying a mechanic for a job that I could do myself, had I had the tools and the time.  Engine mounts?  Seriously...child's play.  To finangle the movement of cars to the mechanic, however, I had to attach my bike to the Neon, drive a few miles to drop off the car, unhook my bike, and ride home.  Today, I get to ride my back back to the mechanic, hook it up, then drive home.  I'm not complaining though--It's been good exercise and fun to ride around.

Chew on this nibblette of classic happenings - I rode my bike to Disneyland/California Adventure last night.  Just as I pull up to park my bike, my back tire went completely flat.  CLASSIC!  I decided to shrug it off and have some fun anyway--chalking the issue up to the Lord knowing that I need all the exercise I can get.  I rode four rides in about 3 1/2 hours, which I think is pretty good for a Friday night!  Then I walked the 2.5 miles home (no biggey!), made a mountain-man-sized plate of potatoes, eggs, bacon, and sausage, and topped the night off resting my dogs, fillin' my belly, and watching Psych.

3 comments:

  1. for all the fun you had, bachelorhood still stinks! We sure enjoyed your family, but it will be great to get you back to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope flat tires aren't a "classic" for you too often!! Felt so bad for you, but so enjoyed your family! Once we all come to stay with you, you may be wishing for that peace and quiet again. :o)

    You presentation looked VERY clever and fun!! I take it those were actual face pictures of people who work there. Very clever indeed, and I didn't even have to hear anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, did you say 4 rides in 3.5 hours? I think I need to research Disneyland a little better. :) Love your can-do attitude--everything happens for a reason, right? :)

    ReplyDelete