Friday, August 26, 2011

How many Sheens does it take to open a can?

Can openers, we have the worst luck with can openers. Seriously I think Derrick and I have owned close to 10 can openers in the almost 5 years we have been married. A few years ago my dad bought us an electric can opener while he was visiting because he doesn't really have the arm strength to use a hand held, but I hate dragging it out of the cupboard everytime I have to open a can, and I didn't want to haul it to Cali, so we bought a new one since we have been out here, and on the second can we opened it stopped working! URGH!


Seriously, am I the only one that has a can opener dillema? Why does it plague me so? I dream about a hand can opener that will slice through lids like butter. Does such a thing exsist?

I am going to stop ranting now, your so sweet to read an entire blog post about kitchen gadgets, but I have to ask you do you have a favorite can opener? Have you figured out the answer to life's greatest mystery, share me your secret please!

5 comments:

  1. We like our Oxo opener, we've had it for several years, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, we have like 3 that work in our house. one is even shaped like a dog. anyway, the most used/best one is the kitchenaid one that we got as a wedding gift. But I've wanted one of those kinds that doesn't leave sharp edges for a while now, just doesn't make sense when you already have three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our oxo good grips can opener too! Had it since we've been married, no problems! I think yours keep breaking because you buy those crappy Iowa ones. Haha. Ps we miss you guys, hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete