Saturday, March 2, 2013

It could be worse!

There is something in the works that I want badly to work out.  I think that, subconsciously, I must have been wondering if, in the event that this thing did not work out, "could it get any worse?" because I had a really  weird, vivid dream last night. 

In a nutshell:

I lost my job, and we ended up renting out a portion of our house to a small business.  The business did well, hired me on, then started making massive, beautiful improvements to our home (like a farm and barnyard in our backyard!).  They then fired me, I freaked out and evicted them.  All improvements then stopped halfway, a huge water pipe burst in the house, and a fire broke out in our attic.

I woke up having my subconscious question answered:  even if this one thing doesn't work out, yes, there are much worse things that could happen!

Other news--after almost a year in this home, we are finally painting max's room!  We will stick with the green, but we are giving up the geometric wall idea, even though it might have been awesome.  Instead,  we'll try our hand at a cityscape, to help give the room a superhero-in-Gotham type feel.




Also, our media room is now ready for mad parties, thanks to the generosity of the B/C Sheeners.  Come, partake!


Texas is sad, Utah happy, this week.  Traci gets back Monday.   Hope she has fun!


Hello, blogger, old friend.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Love the blog and yes, take it from Uncle Max, things can always get worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved catching up with what you doing these days at your home. You guys are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, D. Sorry about the crazy dream--what a doozy! Love you guys!!! Can't wait to see that Gotham city-scape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could probably make a stand for the back couch for less than $20, unless you wanted to carpet it, but I'd just paint it.

    ReplyDelete