Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sewing and a little photo shoot...

Magnolia really needed some new short sleeve shirts. I was going through her shirts today and noticed that she had lots  of really cute long sleeve shirts that still fit, they just had long sleeves. VOILA! New shirts! I left my comfort zone of pillows and curtains, and went to work, and only an hour later, Maggie has 6 new shirts to wear! Here she is modeling her new tops:

First shirt, the blue one, super easy to do I just cut off the arm cuffs that were at the wrist and moved them up to above the elbow.
 I just had to make sure that the gathers would end up near the shoulders. Super easy and quick.
This shirt I was just going to cut the sleeves off and call it good, but I saw all this cute polka dot scraps and added a little flower, and sewed the cuffs of that shirt onto this one. This one was the quickest one to do. Seriously like 5 mins. It looks better on her then I thought.
 This is the polka dot onsie that I used this scraps from above. I did layered ruffled sleeves on this one. I think this one might be my favorite. I just cut the sleeve off for the first ruffle, and sewed the underneath ruffle  to the seam that was already inside the shirt for the shoulder. I just then trimmed it down to the length that i wanted the second ruffle to be. If that makes any since at all. This one took a little bit longer maybe 7 mins. I had to be careful with some of the stitching. (Ignore the mess!)

This one was super simple again, just moved the elastic wrists up. The print hides the seam. You can barely tell.
 This shirt, i just folded over and stitched down. I also got to use some of the leftover fabric to make little headbands!

 This black onsie was the hardest one to do! I moved the cuff from the bottom up, but I needed to make sure the gathers were at the top of the the arm, and there was no print to hide anything, so I just had to be really slow with this one. Total time, maybe 15 mins.

I am so happy how all of them turned out. Gotta love new shirts for FREE. Now go re-purpose something!
P.S. which shirt is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS AMAZING. MY wife is a genius!

    My favorite is either the leopard print or polka dot with ruffle feathers. Nice!

    She is such a ham--great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The animal print, of course. although, I do like the polka dots and more especially the Mom that wanted to sew and can sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so re'sew'sful!! :o) I'm different, 'cause I really like the collared shirt, but they are all real cute. Just like Maggie!

    ReplyDelete